What: Easter Open Barn Day
When: Saturday March 23rd, 2-5 pm, Rain or Shine
Where: Whiffletree Farm
8717 Springs Road,
Warrenton, VA 20186
Cost: Free admission
Why: Come meet fellow community locavores, shop for Easter, and have fun at the farm. Raffle for big basket of local food, books, gift certificates, and goodies!
Who will be there:
- Meet the Straight family of Whiffletree Farm
- Mick Family Farm microdairy will discuss their raw milk herdshares and demonstrate all things milk: cheesemaking, cow-milking, & butter-making.
- The Pure Olive will be selling family-grown Greek olive oil, soap, & olives.
- Suzie’s Sunday Treats (baked goods and main menu items based on Weston A. Price Foundation principles) will have cookies, cupcakes, frozen pot pies and will take Easter pre-orders.
- Nova Sights, an independent voice in Northern Virginia fighting for organic food, will be there to discuss ways to promote local culture.
- Roxane Gallaher will share and sell Kombucha – including DIY kits.
- Homesteading gurus Harvey and Ellen Ussery will provide info on the Weston A. Price Foundation and share Harvey’s new book, The Small-Scale Poultry Flock.
- We will also have a community kid’s table – where supervised children/teens can sell handmade baked goods or crafts. Contact Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-364-2617 if you are interested in a space for your child or have any other questions or suggestions about the event.